Monday, April 30, 2012

Collard Greens

While at the Farmers Market this weekend I picked this bunch of collard  after sampling them at one of the vendor stands. I would normally make my own pesto but this time I used one I picked up from the Farmers Market.

1-2 tsp. Olive Oil
1 Clove Garlic, minced
1 Lemon
1 tsp. Basil parmesan pesto
1 Bushel Collard Greens
1 Pinch Crushed Red Pepper
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat olive oil over low to medium 
    heat in deep dry pan.

2. While oil is heating, roughly chop
     collard greens. Add garlic to frying
     Pan, sautĂ© 1 min add greens cook
     down until greens are wilted.

3. Season with salt and pepper, red pepper, and
    add juice of one lemon. Continue to
    cook for about 10 minutes tossing
    occasionally. Just before removing
    from heat drizzle pesto over
    greens toss lightly and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment